Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it doesn’t have to be expensive to get your fix. In this article, we’re sharing our favorite cheap and filling breakfast meals that will keep you going until lunchtime. From oatmeal to eggs benedict, you’re sure to find something on our list that appeals to you!
What type of breakfast foods are you into?
Personally, I really enjoy breakfast food that is both cheap and filling. Some of my favorite cheap and filling breakfast meals include: eggs, bacon, toast, cereal, oatmeal, granola bars, muffins, pancakes, waffles, french toast, and hash browns.
How to make your favorite breakfast foods affordable and low in calories
There are plenty of great, low-calorie breakfast options out there that are also filling and delicious.Here are five of our favorite meals that hit all of those points!
1) Pancakes or waffles: A stack of fluffy pancakes or waffles topped with your favorite syrup or fruit is a beloved breakfast food around the world. For a quick and budget-friendly option, try making them yourself using a mix or all-purpose flour and baking powder. Just be sure to watch the calories – a single serving of these can rack up to 190 calories!
2) Hash browns: Another easy, budget-friendly breakfast option is hash browns. Simply sautee chopped onions in oil until softened, add in shredded potatoes, and season with salt, pepper, and herbs if desired. Cook until potatoes are starting to brown and crispy – about 15 minutes on medium heat should do the trick. Serve with eggs or bacon on top for an extra sinful flavor boost!
3) Omelette: An omelette is a versatile and delicious breakfast dish that can be made with just about any type of egg you have on hand. Start by mixing together an egg, some milk, and some diced veggies – like
How to make sure your favorite breakfast foods are filling and tasty
There are many delicious and filling breakfast foods that don’t require a lot of money or time to make. Here are three cheap and easy breakfast ideas that can help you get started in the morning:
1. Omelet: This is a classic breakfast food that can be made quickly and cheaply with eggs, cheese, and vegetables. You can also add proteins like sausage or bacon for extra protein.
2. French toast: This dish is simple to make but it can be very filling. You can use any type of bread for French toast, including challah or brioche. Sauces like syrup or honey can be added for extra flavor.
3. Waffles: Waffles are a popular breakfast food because they’re versatile and they can be served with a variety of toppings, including syrup, butter, fruit, and nuts. You can make waffles at home using a waffle maker or you can buy them pre-made from the grocery store.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it should be as nutritious and delicious as possible. That’s why I love these cheap, yet filling breakfast meals that are sure to keep you energized all morning long. What are your favorite affordable, nutritious, and tasty breakfast options? Let us know in the comments below!